Mark Elmore’s law practice focuses on all areas of bankruptcy, including both debtor and creditor representation. His experience includes ten years with Haynes & Boone, LLP, a prominent national law firm, a one-year secondment with a prestigious Wall Street investment bank, and a rotation through the Houston City Attorney’s Office as a volunteer prosecutor. Mark was named a “Rising Star” in the Texas Super Lawyer Rising Stars edition for 2006-2007 and 2010-2013 and a “Super Lawyer” in the Texas Super Lawyer Rising Stars edition for 2014.
Texas Tech University School of Law, 1999 – 2002
- Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Student Writing Editor, Texas Tech University Law Review
Texas A&M University, 1994 – 1998
- Bachelor of Science, Rangeland Ecology and Management
- Emphasis in Environmental Sciences
Selected Client Representation
- Represented Hardage Hotels, I, LLC in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving seven hotels.
- Represented Bombay Company in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving a national retail chain.
- Represented Mirant Corporation and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the Chapter 11 Trustee in the Airbase Services, Inc. Chapter 11 case.
- Represented EOTT Energy Partners and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Midland Loan Services, a division of PNC Bank, National Association, as special servicer for an $825 million CMBS loan, in the Innkeepers USA Trust bankruptcy cases.
- Represented Bank of America, National Association as administrative agent and lender in the Crown Village Farm Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors for Levelland/Hockley County Ethanol, L.L.C. in the Chapter 11 case of an ethanol plant in Texas.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Romacorp, Inc. Chapter11 case.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the MQS-Cooperheat Chapter 11 case.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the LD Brinkman Chapter 11 case.
- Represented Rise Energy Partners in the acquisition of offshore California oil production platforms in the Pacific Energy Resources bankruptcy cases.
- Represented Trinity Industries, Inc. in the Chapter 11 cases of certain of its customers throughout the country.
- Represented purchasers of distressed assets in bankruptcies.
- Represented lessors in bankruptcy cases across the country.
- Represented creditors and trustees in preference and other avoidance actions in bankruptcy cases across the country.
- Represented both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation disputes.
Recent Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, October 4, 2012
- Co-Author, “Recent Developments in Distressed Asset Sales,” 8th Annual University of Texas Mergers and Acquisitions Institute, October, 2012
- Co-Author, “Lehman Brothers: Priority of Collateral,” Bloomberg Law Reports – Bankruptcy, Vol. 4, No. 17, April 26, 2010
- Co-Author, “Weathering the Storm: Savings Clauses: Fraudulent Transfer Issues in the TOUSA Bankruptcy Case,” October 2009
- Co-Author, “Unspeakable Evil: Preference & Fraudulent Transfer Claims – What They Are and How to Manage Your Risk,” March 2009
- Co-Author, “Weathering the Storm: What is a Preference Demand Letter and What Do I Do With It?” March 2009
- Contributing Environmental Editor, Norton Bankruptcy Law & Practice
- Co-Author, “What Were They Thinking, What Was I Thinking, What Was Anybody Thinking?” September 2007
- Guest Lecturer, SMU Commercial Lending Seminar, 2004-2006
- Co-Author, “Choosing a Forum: A Review of Authorities from Selected Federal Circuits,” 2006
- Co-Author, “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Better Yet, Where Can She File Bankruptcy: A Look at Venue in Bankruptcy Cases,” 2005
- Co-Author, “Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the Worst: Drafting Tips to Prepare for Bankruptcy,” 2004
- Co-Author, “Operating a Business in the Vicinity of Insolvency,” 2004
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Texas Aggie Bar Association